Product Manager Marshall headphones
About the position
We’re on an exciting journey – and we want you to join us!
The world of sound (and Zound) is changing. Smart speakers and headphones are turning audio into a high-tech industry. Just over the last few years, our design driven products have transformed from simple wired gadgets to connected and complex IoT devices.
We are now strengthening our product & innovation team with a new Product Manager for the Marshall headphones category. In this role you will:
• set the global strategic roadmap;
• be the focal point for all product centric information, planning and decision making;
• Secure the right products on the market at the right time that meets the demands and of our consumers from a brand, design, tech and business perspective
This is an amazing opportunity to work with design-driven product innovation in a company that is scaling up.
At Zound Industries you will get the opportunity to:
• Work in an international, fast paced and value driven culture where we create magic together
• Develop well-designed and innovative consumer tech products for strong lifestyle brands
• Work in our awesome office facilities in the heart of down-town Stockholm
About the role
Monitor all aspects of the products’ lifecycle from early concept phase through development, launches, reactivations, re-designs, upgrades, bundling and plans for replacement with new generations or new products. Reporting to Chief Product Development Officer, working closely with the other product managers in a self-governing team.
• Owning and ensuring a competitive product portfolio and lifecycle management incl. price and margin management together with the brand team
• Monitoring the progress of product development process and define short- and long-term innovation roadmap together with key stakeholders
• Go to person and provide direction and prioritisation to a cross-functional team regarding key product decisions
• Analyze and stay abreast of the latest trends in the headphones marketplace and work with the global consumer insights team to ensure creating real value for our key consumers
• Work closely with the product development organisation to identify technology opportunities and threats that could affect future growth
• Monitor and follow up the product business performance and the consumer experiences
Who we’re looking for:
We’re super passionate about what we do – and we expect nothing less from you. You have a challenger mindset who loves working in an entrepreneurial and fast past paced culture where no two day is the same. You’re self-driven, proactive, and excel in taking on new responsibilities.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination and we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and in the end better experiences for our consumers.
Experiences & skills:
• Experience from a similar role as a product manager within the consumer tech industry
• Product portfolio and lifecycle management experience with strong knowledge of how to work with consumer trends and market insight analysis
• Solid technical background and super passionate about tech products
• Great communication and relationship building skills – being the go to person
• Strong advantage with experience from the headphones or speaker industry
• MSc in engineering
Find out more:
• Get a taste for behind the scenes at Zound on our Instagram
• Discover what it’s like to work in Product Management team: Meet Anders
A bit about Zound
Zound Industries design, develop, manufacture and market headphones and speakers under the brand names Marshall, Urbanears and adidas. Our mission is to create unique experiences at the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives.
Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2009. We are a fast-growing company present in over 120 markets. We have approximately 250 employees across our offices in in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2018, turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.8 billion.
The Marshall brand
Marshall is a true rock legend. A distinct and expressive sound combined with an iconic stage presence. This unparalleled wisdom has been distilled and fused into every part of Marshall headphones and speakers.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!